Sunday, January 22, 2017

I have always enjoyed reading. It allows me to venture into other worlds. Creating what the characters look like in my mind, allows me to use my imagination. As an adult it is a nice way to get away from the stress of everyday things. However, I have not had a lot of time to read for pleasure the last couple of years. When I do get a chance to read, I lean towards Young Adult and mystery/suspense books.
Some of my favorite books in the Young Adult area have been The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer and The Farm Series by Emily McKay. I enjoy these series because one tells the romantic side of vampires and the other shows the evil side. Young Adult books creep close to the line of adult romance and horror but keep it on the lighter side. This is another reason why I enjoy reading them.
Mystery/suspense is another one of my favorite genres to read. I enjoy the hunt for the suspect and figuring out who did it. Suspense adds the thrill of danger and adventure. Two of my favorite authors are James Patterson and Iris Johansen. Alex Cross and Eve Duncan are well created characters. Patterson and Johansen allow readers to get to know their characters with continued stories involving them.

I look forward to adventuring into new genres as part of this class. I find sometimes adventuring from my comfort zone allows me to find new things that I enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. Great reading profile! And I promise that reading outside of your comfort zone isn't as scary as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to it. I have already found a Western that has caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete