Sunday, February 26, 2017


Postmortem
By Patricia Cornwell
Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 1990
Series: Kay Scarpetta

Summary:
Debuting as the first novel in the Kay Scarpetta series Patricia Cornwell introduces us the world of a medical examiner. Someone in Richmond, VA is strangling women and it is Medical Examiner Kay Scapettas job to figure out the clues. Kay and Detective Marino struggle with the idea that her boyfriend may be the killer. Kay uses forensic science to help flush out the killer.

Subject Headings:
Medical Examiners
Medical novels
Women Detectives
Virginia
Scarpetta, Kay

Three terms that describe this book:

Suspenseful
This book keeps readers on the edge of their seats.

Intricately Plotted
A leak inside the medical office, searching for a killer and the relationship with Lucy leave this book with several storylines.

Jargon-filled
Cornwell uses medical terminology to give the readers information that leads them to understand what a medical examiner would deal with.

Read-A-likes
Christine Falls by Benjamin Black
One Grave Too Many by Beverly Connor
Carved In Bone by Jefferson Bass
The Fourth Angel by Suzanne Chazin

5 comments:

  1. I found this author when I was in high school and fell in love with her writing style. I also like that there is just a touch of romance. Do you think you'll read any more novels in this series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read others in the series. I went back and reread this one so that I could get a refresher. I actually recommended her to my mother, who is a nurse, and she got hooked. Another series that I like is Eve Duncan by Irish Johansen. The main character is a forensic sculptor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Patricia Cornwell! Iris Johansen is very good along with Tess Gerritsen. I think I have read most of their books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read Tess Gerritsen. Is she similar to Cornwell?

    ReplyDelete